Friday, November 12, 2010

Welcome!

Before I continue, I want to just clear one thing up:
Sparkling wine = bubbly wine
Champagne = bubbly wine only from Champagne, France

So now you know.

Hello, I'm Sarah, a self-proclaimed sparkling wine amateur.
If you're not experienced in the incredibly wide world of sparkling wines or champagnes, choosing a good one (for ANY occasion) can feel nerve-wracking or daunting.
There are just soooo many options out there and you don't want anyone to answer with your name when the question was "who the heck picked out this nasty champagne??"

I started trying sparkling wines and champagnes in October 2010. It's barely been 1 month and I've tried over 8 different bottles. What can I say? I'm hooked!
My initial goal was to find my very favorite of all favorites, that I could afford, that I could be proud to bring to a party.
I found one, which I currently call my favorite, but I'm starting to realize that it's just too soon to say what my *favorite* is when I have tried less than 10 bottles!
So, now I have a different goal:
To continue delving into the delicious and bubbly world of sparkling wines, and at the same time, continue to offer my amateur review so other newbies can maybe learn a thing or two as well as find a yummy bottle. Simple terms. Simply delicious.

Just so everyone knows, I tend to enjoy a sweetness to my drinks, so those are the ones I tend to try. In case you wonder why there are so many rose choices!

OK - so I'm going to post my first 8 reviews right now. Then I'll post more as I continue to explore!

Here is a quick review of different types of sparkling wines:
Extra Brut - is "extra" dry
Brut – dry
Extra dry – middle of the road dry, not as dry as Brut
Demi-sec – pretty sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment